“It’s artwork! Jenny always makes our family’s birthday cakes, and each time we anticipate seeing the cakes as much as we love eating them. She combines her culinary expertise with true artistry that results in a feast for the eyes! Her signature cakes are as delicious as they are beautiful.” ~Kelly & Brian
“At my age, birthdays are not the fun things they used to be, but Jenny’s cake made it a cause for celebration. Brava, Jenny!” ~Anna
“Her mission was to make me laugh with a whimsical cake. It worked!” ~Jane
“Sinfully delicious, fusion of know-how and taste……addictive without getting in trouble with the law….” ~Marga
“I have had the pleasure of experiencing a few of Jenny’s cakes, and they are truly special in every way! I have rarely tasted such fine quality in baking, and Jenny’s vision results in creations that supersede those of any bakery in town. The visual beauty of her baking is just an added delight to go with how delicious the experience is.” ~Mila
Press and Awards
- February 2013, Virginia Living Magazine, Palatable Paradox
- June 10, 2012, Serious Eats Blog “Serious Eats” Finds Cookie Nirvana
- August 7, 2012, Beyond the Flavor Beyond the Flavor Loves Blackberry Cobbler
- Cville Weekly, Cville 29 Five Finds on Friday
- February 2013, Best Date Night Spots on Cville
- June 2012, Hook Article, Paradox Pastry Opens in the Glass Building,
- May 2012 C’Ville Article; The Art of Indulging.
- April 2012 C’Ville Article; Sweets by Design: A look at the new Paradox Pastry space.
- Winner 2005, 2006 and 2008 Charlottesville Downtown Business Association Gingerbread House Decorating Contest – Professional Division.
- Daily Progress Article.
- 2008 Ashlawn-Highland Replica Gingerbread House for the Holidays Paradox Pastry replicates Ashlawn-Highland all in sugar for the 2008 holiday season! Read about it!
- 2008 Winner Best of Cville, Personal Trainer (hey, we are talking PARADOX, here – can’t have cake kudos without the training ones, too!). Read more about it!